Thursday, February 3, 2011

That's the way.

I don't know my way anymore,
nothing is like it was.
The stairway is longer,
the room much bigger
and the light is pale,
a fragment of it on my face.

The garden hides the way to your doorstep.
Bushes are soldiers of obstruction
and the birds spy my every move.
They know i'm looking to find you,
to dis- and un-cover you.

With closed eyes and open heart,
with reaching arms.
Maybe that's the way to find you.
Imagining the light on our faces,
burning but saving our souls.
Imagining the room filled with music,
your paintings, my poƫms.
Just to be in love,
that's the way.

2 comments:

  1. when I read the title poem, I thought ... dire straits? money for nothing?
    I don't know why, but it's a very sad poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Little miss,

    I know. Life sometimes takes you there and by writing about it you can let go, even just a little. Hope all is well. Bye.

    ReplyDelete