Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dad vs Man

I was thinking about what it means to be a father.
I was thinking about what it means when your child comes to take your hand
and asks for help or to understand.
I was thinking about how to take the pain away
and really be there every day.
I was thinking if it was good to show your own emotions
and live, his or her live, full of devotion.
I was thinking what people think about me
and other men especially
But you know all of those questions don't matter
when you hold that little hand and a smile appears
when you put a bandage that end the tears
when you cry together or laugh or jump
when you're so proud and adrenaline makes your heart pump
and I think you have to show your emotions, I hope they can, to be a real man.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, many questions and one answer: heart... glad you could share this :-)

    ReplyDelete